Studying at school and university is supposed to be a fun experience. People should be able to learn the philosophy behind everything existing in this universe. I have been tutoring university students for almost 3 years now. I am always excited with students who keen to learn about stuff albeit they are not that good at the subjects in the first place, but at the end of the session, they are able to appreciate what they have been learning and relate the knowledge to the real world. However, lately I am quite dissapointed since some students now seem to only care about 'marks'. All they know is how to answer the questions, how to finish the laboratory reports while gaining almost no knowledge. I feel in a way that I have failed them.
Just a final recap, when people only go to educational institutions for marks only, what are all the graduates going to be like in the real world?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment